General Sports Book Rules
- Borgata reserves the right to refuse any wager, prior to its acceptance.
- Borgata will determine minimum and maximum wager amounts per patron on all events to include: all periods, segments, propositions, and future book wagers.
- Borgata mobile wagering application displays real time lines, current odds, and potential payouts when placing wagers. Patrons will be prompted with a confirmation message that selections are correct prior to the selection of the ‘place wagers’ button. Line change notifications may occur at any time during the wager placement process and will require the user to accept or decline the change.
- For retail wagers, please check your tickets for accuracy before leaving the betting window. Leaving the window with the ticket is deemed an acceptance of the wager by both parties.
- Tickets will not be altered or voided prior to the start of an event except at the discretion of management and with the approval of both parties.
- Once both parties accept a wager, tickets will not be altered or voided after an event officially begins.
- Wagers may only be rescinded with the approval of the Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- For online wagers, if a patron made an inadvertent bet in patron's account due to an error (e.g., inadvertent multiple identical bets), patron must inform Borgata within 15 minutes of any bet patron placed for Borgata to consider appropriate adjustments to be made to patron's account.
- The Borgata Race and Sports Book is not responsible for lost, stolen, altered or unreadable tickets. Lost or stolen ticket claims will be paid upon presentation of supporting information or documentation.
- For retail wagers, sports wagering tickets will be honored for one year after the date of the event. Winning tickets may be mailed in for redemption. Refer to reverse side of wagering ticket for mail-in redemption instructions. The Borgata is not responsible for tickets not mailed pursuant to instructions on the reverse side of the ticket.
- For retail wagers, identification information is required to be presented at certain thresholds of wagers and payouts in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Wagers accepted will not be changed or voided upon confirmation of the successfully placed wager.
- Borgatta Race and Sports Book patrons will be notified of odds or line changes in the following manner.
- Posted odds will be changed automatically on the electronic reader boards.
- Posted odds will be changed manually on handwritten race and sports boards.
- Posted changes will be updated within 10 minutes on the electronic reader boards or the handwritten race and sports boards.
- Non-posted printed media will be updated on a weekly basis with the date of the latest issue.
- Borgata reserves the right to add, change or delete the payout ratio limits.
- There is no void of any wager after the event has started.
Wagers may be accepted at terms other than those displayed within the main sports book rules or individual sports wagering rules. Specific stipulations will be displayed within the inventory section of an event page.
Borgata reserve the right to add, change or delete the betMGM NJ Sports, Borgata Sports, and Borgata Race and Sports Book House Rules, subject to regulatory approval.
Borgata will not accept the past posting of wagers, in such cases the wager may be refunded, or where the outcome of the event is already known, in all such cases the wager will be refunded.
Borgata will accept wagers on currently posted terms unless otherwise posted or noted on printed or media.
Borgata prohibits wagers on any single collegiate sports or athletic event that takes place in New Jersey or a single sports or athletic event in which any New Jersey college or university team participates regardless of where the event takes place. A prohibited sports event does not include the other game of a collegiate sport or athletic tournament in which New Jersey college or university team participates, nor does it include any games of a collegiate tournament that occurs outside New Jersey even though some of the individual games or events are held in New Jersey. A prohibited sports events includes all amateur sports events, including all high school sports events but does not include international sports events in which persons under the age 18 make up a minority of the participants. A prohibited sports events includes all high school competitive video game events, and any electronic sports event in which any participant is 17 years old or younger. A prohibited sports event is also any other event which the Division deems to be contrary to public policy.
In the event a prohibited team wins their league championship, the second place team (or highest placing team that is not prohibited) will be considered the champion (i.e. Seton Hall wins the NCAA men’s basketball championship, the team they beat in the final will be considered the champions) for sake of settling the futures market.
Borgata prohibits any person who is prohibited pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:69G, N.J.S.A. 5:12-119, N.J.A.C. 13:69N-1.1 or N.J.S.A. 5:12-100n, anyindividual whose participation may undermine the integrity of the wagering or the sports event or for other good cause, including but not limited to: any individual placing a wager as an agent or proxy; any person who is an athlete, coach, referee, a player or a referee personnel member, in or on any sports event overseen by that person’s sport’s governing body based on publicly available information; a person who holds a position of authority or influence sufficient to exert influence over the participants in a sporting contest, including but not limited to coaches, managers, handlers, athletic trainers, or horse trainers; a person with access to certain types of exclusive information on any sports event overseen by that person’s sport’s governing body based on publicly available information, or a person identified by any lists provided by the sport’s governing body to the division and the racing commission.
Borgata requires any employee of a sport’s governing body or member of a team within that body, who is not prohibited from wagering, to register with the NJDGE prior to opening a wagering account and/or placing a sports wager. Forms to register as a non-prohibited sports pool participant can be obtained at the race and sports book window or by visiting https://www.nj.gov/oag/ge/docs/SportsBetting/prohibitedempregform.pdf.
Management will maintain a record of all point spreads, odds, race results, final scores and related betting proposition statistics and outcomes to protect both the patron and Borgata in case of obvious mechanical or human error.
Borgata account holders are encouraged to contact Customer Services by email or live chat for additional wagering information, questions, and complaints of any such nature. Borgata will investigate any issue and provide a timely response not to exceed 5 calendar days. For complaints that cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the patron as related to: patron accounts, settled tickets, or illegal activity, a copy of such complaint, along with Borgata response and documentation, shall be provided to the NJ DGE as required.
Canceled events that have either not started, or have not met the minimum length for an event to be official, will result in straight wagers being refunded. Parlays that involve a canceled event will reduce to the next lowest number of selections.