Third-Party Content Policy
We are committed to ensuring the safety and security of Our Platforms and Our Services for all of Our customers. We have created this Third Party Content Policy to make You aware of the rules surrounding the uploading of Third Party Content (as that term is defined in Our Terms and Conditions of Use) to Our Platforms. Please note that this Third Party Content Policy will be agreed between You and Us and will form part of Your Agreements with Us. We may periodically make changes to this Third Party Content Policy and strongly recommend that You revisit this Third Party Content Policy regularly.
The terms of this Third Party Content Policy are as follows:
1. We do not claim any ownership rights in any Third Party Content (as that term is defined in Our Terms and Conditions of Use and including, without limitation, player images) posted by You on Our Platforms. You agree that You are solely responsible for any Third Party Content posted by You under Your Username.
2. You hereby grant to Us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (including the right to sub-license) to use and to make such copies thereof as We deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of Your Third Party Content on Our Platforms or in connection with any promotions in all media now known or hereinafter developed (the "License"). You agree that this License includes the right for Us to make such Third Party Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Us for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Third Party Content on other media and services, subject to the Agreements. If you wish to keep any Third Party Content, information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not post or submit them to the Platforms, Us or Our Group. You agree that in the event We receive any royalties, compensation or other payments associated with exercising the rights granted to Us under the License, You shall not claim any right to any portion of such royalties, compensation or other payments.
3. You warrant to Us that You have full power and authority to grant the license at 2) above and that the Third Party Content posted by You (a) does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights, other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;(c) is not defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (d) is not obscene or pornographic and does not contain child pornography;(e) does not violate any laws regarding unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising; (f) does not constitute any of the types of prohibited Third Party Content as set out in Section 5 below and (g) does not contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
4. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us, Our Group, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and other partners harmless from and against any claim or demand arising out of Your posting any Third Party Content on any of Our Platforms.
5. You acknowledge that the following constitutes (but is not limited to) prohibited Third Party Content: Third Party Content which:
- is offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or exploits, harasses or advocates harassment of any person;
- constitutes information that You know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or links to any such content;
- solicits personal information from anyone under twenty-one years of age;
- contains information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- contains an unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work; and
- includes a photograph or video of another person that You have posted without that person's consent;
- contains advertisements, promotions, commercial solicitations, contests or surveys (unless You have Our written consent to do so);
- contains, transmits or disseminates viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another's computer, the Platforms, the Services, the Software, or any other software, hardware or related equipment.;
- disrupts or otherwise interferes with the Platforms, the Services, or the networks or servers used by the Company;
- impersonates any person or entity or misrepresents Your connection or affiliation with a person or entity; or
- constitutes illegal activity.
6. You acknowledge that all areas that permit you to post Third Party Content are public and not private communications; therefore, any information or content you post may be ready by others. We recommend that you avoid posting or otherwise disseminating any personally identifiable information.
7. We do not endorse or control the Third Party Content and, therefore, We specifically disclaim any liability with regard to Third Party Content and any actions resulting from your submission of Third Party Content to Our Platforms.
8. You acknowledge and agree that We may preserve any Third Party Content and may also disclose Third Party Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the Agreements; (iii) respond to claims that any Third Party Content violates the rights of third parties; or (iv) protect the Our and Our Group's rights, property or personal safety, the Platforms, the Services, Our users and the public.
Effective November 21, 2013